Role in Busby Babes film was a real kick for me, says Scots actor David Tennant

DAVID TENNANT has revealed he was desperate to star in a new football drama - despite not being a fan of the game.
The former Doctor Who will appear in upcoming BBC film United, The Busby Babes, about the 1958 Munich air crash.
Tennant, 39, plays Manchester United assistant manager Jimmy Murphy, who takes over the team following the tragedy, which killed eight players and left boss Matt Busby seriously injured.
Tennant said:"I am famously not that much of a football fan at all, so when the script arrived I didn't think that it was going to be for me.
"However, it really knocked me back and the emotional power of the story is what hooked me.
"The way I saw it was if it was affecting me, then it's one that is going to get to everyone."
Fellow Scottish actor Dougray Scott, 44, has signed up to play Busby.

Source: Sunday Mail