Stephen Mangan Tells Cheltenham Literature Festival Of His Doctor Who Ambition


The actor Stephen Mangan has been talking at the Cheltenham Literature Festival of his ambition to play the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who.

“I’d love to be Doctor Who – who wouldn’t, it’s a great part, it’s very exciting."
But he admitted he would not have been quite so keen to succeed David Tennant in the role.
“I think the Doctor Whos we’ve had recently have been phenomenal and I’m glad I wasn’t the one who had to follow David Tennant because he was extraordinary, David [Tennant], weirdly, is my son’s godfather so we’re good friends, I once spent Christmas Eve with him and his father-in-law who is Peter Davison. There were four of us there and two Doctors –I don’t know how may hearts that makes.”
David and Stephen are working together on Postman Pat The Movie which is expected to hit cineams in Spring 2013.

Source: Radio Times

Comments