New BBC Director-General Tony Hall Meets David Tennant And Matt Smith



Tony Hall, who started his role as Director-General of the BBC on Tuesday 2nd April, spent last week meeting BBC staff around the country.
On Friday he visited staff in Cardiff on the set of Doctor Who, where he met the cast and crew of the drama and staff from the BBC Drama department.
In his email to staff of the BBC Mr Hall spoke of his meeting with Tenth and Eleventh Doctor actors David Tennant and Matt Smith:
"As I travel back from Cardiff after a great visit to the BBC Cymru/Wales teams, I wanted to drop you a quick note to say thank you for making my first week back at the BBC so enjoyable.  Everyone I’ve met has made me feel very welcome, and it’s been inspiring to meet so many of you with so much enthusiasm for what you do.
I’ve discussed sheep in Cumbria, social media in Iran, new British drama in Wales and the technology behind New Broadcasting House.  Today I also met two doctors – Matt Smith and David Tennant.  I’m unsure what the collective noun is for a group of Doctor Whos but it’s the kind of question you’d only get at the BBC."


Comments