RSC Whispers From The Wings Blog: 'Time To Pinch Myself'



Elliot Barnes-Worrell, who plays the groom in the Royal Shakespeare Company production of Richard II, has been blogging about the experiences of his debut season with the company. 

Richard II starring David Tennant and directed by Gregory Doran opened last week to much critical acclaim. For Elliot the whole experience has felt somewhat unreal. He says:


In the last week I have packed up the young boy from south east London.
I moved him to a little flat in Stratford.

I 'teched' our show from 10am to 10pm.

I walked out on to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre stage in front of more than 1000 people, making my debut with the RSC.

I danced a hole in my socks at the press night party, and high fived Oliver Ford Davies backstage….

I would have pinched myself to make sure every awesome thing I had experienced this week was indeed real, but I assure you there has been little time for pinching.


Richard II will play in residence in Stratford-upon-Avon until 16th November 2013 when it will then transfer to The Barbican in London.

The run is completely sold out, but there may be returns. You can check for returns by phoning the RSC Ticket Hotline on 0844 800 1110.

The play will be streamed live into cinemas in the UK on the 13th November and subsequently into cinemas worldwide





Comments