"Gracepoint is an experiment - I think they’ve done an incredible job" Says Chris Chibnall



The Radio Times caught up with Broadchurch and Gracepoint creator Chris Chibnall at last night's BAFTAs and quizzed him about the need for a US remake of Broadchurch.
Chris told them: 
"The original show didn’t air to a large number of people at all in America. And the offer was there so Gracepoint seemed like an interesting thing to be a part of. It’s an experiment  - and I think they’ve done a really incredible job."

He also responded to the criticism that Gracepoint is too similar Broadchurch saying: "I’ve come from theatre and you have different productions of a text in theatre. It's not unusual," he said, adding: "I find it surprising that people find it surprising, actually." 
Chris also said that at the moment he is focusing on the next series of Broadchurch in the UK:
"My main focus is on Broadchurch two really to be honest." 

After their success at the BAFTA ceremony, which saw the team collecting Best Drama Series, Best Actress for Olivia Colman and Best Supporting Actor for David Bradley Chris told Radio Times:
"I'm in shock. I didn't expect that at all. I came here very pessimistic tonight and I'm completely blown away."

Source: Radio Times

Comments