Arthur Darvill: No Time To Relax On The Broadchurch Set



Arthur Darvill has said that there hasn't been much time for the Broadchurch cast to relax on set lately. Filming for the "...dark and intense..." second series is well underway, but Arthur, who plays the town's vicar, Paul Coates, says, "There's a lot of work being done. There's not much hair being let down. It's all very busy at the moment."

Cast returning for the second series, which is expected to air early next year on ITV, also include David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Andrew Buchan, Jodie Whittaker, Jonathan Bailey, Carolyn Pickles and Joe Sims. New additions are Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Eve Myles, Charlotte Rampling James D'Arcy and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

As with the first series of the award winning drama, the plot is being kept tightly under wraps by writer Chris Chibnall. Arthur, who spoke yesterday to BANG Showbiz at the launch of new TV channel truTV in London said he'll be giving nothing away. 

"When the last series was on, everywhere I went everyone was like, 'Yeah, great, so who did it?' or bring it up in conversation trying to fox me, but I'm unfoxable. I've been trained in the ways of the fox," he said. "It used to happen quite a lot at the supermarket, my family friends, around my nan's house for a cup of tea. I can't even tell my nan, much to her frustration."

Keep up to date with all the latest Broadchurch news on our website.




Comments