FAN REACTION: Gracepoint Episode 2



On 9th October the Episode 2 of Gracepoint premiered and we asked fans on our Facebook page what they thought of the drama. 
Thanks to all of you who replied, we loved reading all your thoughts and don't forget to join the chat over on our Facebook fan page here.

In Episode 2 the Solano family continue to grieve in the wake of their son's death. The detectives find disturbing evidence in Chloe's room and Mark gets caught in a lie of his own. Beth confides in her old friend, Paul Coates (Kevin Rankin, Breaking Bad), now the town minister.


Here's a selection of some your comments:



Naomi Bounds 
It was fantastic! Very excited to see episode 3.


Kelsie Hansas 
I had Goosebumps the whole time

Elizabeth Anne Wester 
I trust no one

Theresa Aberham 
He's amazing... but I miss his equally amazing accent.

Laura Towne 
I love all the little changes from Broadchurch!! Loving David's American Accent too!! It is fun to see the slight changes from Broadchurch!! I am looking forward to seeing episode 3 which I have heard will start getting away from the Broadchurch storyline.

Matt Nguyen 
David's intensity blew me away! I'm not used to him like this, but it definitely is interesting.

Jennifer Darby 
It is so well acted, and intense! I can't believe how hooked I am!

Sheila Fleegel Dettmann 
I loved it! Hurry up next week so I can watch more. I have seen Broadchurch and I can see the differences starting already. Once I was over David's American accent, I enjoyed the show so much more!

Cräıg Morris 
I still prefer the original...Broadchurch.

Michaela Dash Krakowetz 
I think David's acting is spot on. I'm curious to find out what he was injecting himself with and why. He makes a great "bad cop". also his reaction to that guy who came in claiming visions was spot on xD and his reaction when that guy spoke of the pendant... Wow. His acting always gives me goosebumps. Can't wait for next week!

Mary Damask 
I prefer "Broadchurch". Love David but this version is not as good

Katie Parker 
I love the slight nuances between it and "Broadchurch". We have to bear in mind that the producers said that this would be similar to "Broadchurch" for the first two-three episodes and David himself said it goes a different direction from "Broadchurch" pretty early on. This is kind of like how the UK originally started "The Office" and the US decided to try their hand at it. That's how I see it, anyway.

Francesca Cline Quarles 
It was great! It has been a long time since I watched Broadchurch so I had forgotten some things but overall I love it!

Darcy Dieteman Whitney 
I'm loving it! I have never seen Broadchurch, so it's all new to me. I absolutely love David Tennant, and I think he's doing a super job. His American accent is on point! Just wondering what he injected himself with; can't wait to find out. So many suspects!! Great show!

Pam Romeo Havens 
There was so much crammed into this episode that it felt longer than an hour. And so many twists and turns that I dared not look away-- even for a second.


Sue Armstrong 
The intensity and suspense are building now, as the characters' secrets are being hinted at or brought to light. Carver is more of a jerk than Hardy(to put it politely), and yet somehow slightly more human. His "brooding, assaholic, big city cop act" seems to be dropping quicker in those moments he and Miller are alone. I suspect he respects her more every time she stands up to him. I'm intrigued by the small changes, and excited to see what the bigger differences will be from the original. I'm ready for episode three--too bad I can't binge watch it like I did with Broadchurch!

Toniann Whitaker 
Enjoyed Broadchurch, enjoying Gracepoint too. I dont see the necessity of name change and David's accent. We are a mixed culture country so he could have kept his lovely Brit speak. Still going to watch it through.

Tiffany Chase 
I love David's natural way of speaking but I'll take any Tennant I can get!

Margaret Stutts 
I love it!! There are differences in the series! Broadchurch was British, this is totally American! I love Tennant's accent! It's a refreshing change! And Anna Gunn is totally different in her portrayal of the female detective! Thank you!

John Crichton 
Sorry don't like it. Same story over and over and this is revolution in reverse. I don't want a 40 episode story on who killed the boy. Waste of time. It would be better as a new mystery each week. But that has been done a thousand times too.

Ilana Kimmelman 
I love how different David is portraying his character. He's way more mean & in everyones faces. Anna Gunn is also doing an amazing job as Ellie. I love watching this story again & not know what's going to happen in the end this time. A breath of fresh air.

Lynn Hoskins 
To me it's just okay. I'm watching because of David Tennant. But now I'm looking forward to Season 2 of Broadchurch even more!

Jeannie Chiasson 
Loving it so far. Interested to see how it's going to play out differently than Broadchurch. Weird to hear David Tennant speak in an American accent. I've only heard his real accent slip out a couple of times so far.

Adayla Stadtler 
I'm really loving it. Tennant's character is nothing like the Doctor character which is a bit to get used to but, I'm really getting into it. Can't wait for next week!

Pamela Bennett 
A fine show. I'm appreciating the script, the locale and the ensemble acting. David's work as Emmet Carver character is fantastic. Can't wait for the next episode of Gracepoint!





Comments