FAN REACTION: Gracepoint Episode 9



On 4th December Episode 9 of Gracepoint premiered and we asked fans on our Facebook page what they thought of the drama.
Thanks to all of you who replied, we loved reading all your thoughts and don't forget to join the chat over on our Facebook fan page here.

In last night's episode after Detective Carver’s heart condition worsens, he has 24 hours before his boss removes him from the case. So he and Miller race against the clock to find out who killed Danny Solano. Meanwhile, Beth Solano seeks out advice from Paul Coates, and Susan Wright shares a deep secret that no one saw coming.


Here's a selection of your comments:

Spoilers will follow so do not read if you haven't watched the episode yet...

Corky Schillinger
I think David Tenant and Anna Gunn are fantastic. Euros Lyn's direction of this episode was very tight, creating real tension. My expectations are high for next week. Well done all!

Michael Brookhart 
This is a great show. It's getting to the wire. It does hold my interest.

Laura Young 
Loved it! Can't wait for the last episode.

Amy Marie Coleman 
I'm sad that next weeks will be the last...I have a feeling I know who did it. Love the show

Brenda Briseno Ochoa 
Omg who killed Danny?!?! Me and my daughter are coming up with so many people and why they did it. Next week is too far away, and we want to know the answer now. Hey the tattoo that Vincent got says Danny one way, but what does it say turned upside down???

Cheryl Rosecrans 
I love the show, but I will admit I want this episode to be a bit different. I wanted his angst to come from Renee more. She should have been the one to betray him, and make his anger all the more real. Still my ranking has gone down from A++ to A..

James Selvidio 
Great episode! Hope it does get picked up for a 2nd season.

Tiffanie Holton 
Loved the episode! Love the show! The suspense is killing me! I want to know who it is but I don't want the show to end

Vicki Haygood Zuccarello
I'm still amazed that as much as it's the same it's so different. I can't wait to see who did it, the suspense is going to make for a very long week!

Crystal Parker Kinsland
My daughter and I love it! I had the Vincent-Susan thing figured out before she did.  I will be so sad when it's over. I'm a big David Tennant fan! My first Doctor. 

Pamela Bennett 
Very interesting direction from Euros Lyn in this episode, and I noticed the camera work much more, in a positive way. Everything seemed very immediate, with darker shadows and stronger highlights in tone. Vince's character became much darker, and that was definitely a surprise, despite earlier hints. David and Anna continue to play off each other really well. There are so many loose ends in the plot now that I somehow doubt it can be tied up in just one more episode. The characters and the setting...what a town! I would like to visit Gracepoint again after next week.

Sarah Rishty 
This is an intense episode; and leading up to the most shocking and mind blowing ending.

Patty Macready 
I'm loving the series, but I still am not convinced that they've got the right man in Vince. I am waiting on pins and needles until next Thursday night.

Beau De Los Santos 
Many shows I'll look at the time to see how much is left for the show, but for this show the end credits always surprise me. Like, "hey, the episode just started don't stop."

Jennifer Rhoads 
Looks like it is going to end like Broadchurch. But I do like how this goes in depth of Carver's illness.

Arlene Bradley
I thought the episode was really great except that I thought the newspaper scene was better in Broadchurch, other than that I was impressed - I love how Vince is so nasty in this, and Paul is such a sleeze, and how one outing of bowling fixes the marriage. I still think that is was Tom who killed Danny but he had to have someone helping him get rid of the body - not sure who that is.

Carol Ann Ham 
The newspaper scene in Broadchurch showed more emotinal pain from DI Hardy and empathy from the reporters. The scene in Gracepoint showed more under the surface anger from Hardy and "oh ok" reaction from the reporters.

Cheryl Anne 
Susan is not right in the head.

Donna Chaitovitz 
David Tennant was amazing in tonight's episode. He had me in tears.

Bethanie Marie 
Vince is creepier in this version than in Broadchurch; however, with the promised twist, if the end turns out the same in Gracepoint, I'm going to be annoyed.

Serena Hansen 
Still going with my gut since the beginning ..priest..have not seen broadchurch ..they want us to lean towards tom or Vince but i can't shake the feeling its the priest.


Gracepoint concludes on Fox in the USA and Global in Canada on Thursday 11th December  at 9pm ET. 
It also airs at 8.30pm on Friday 12th December on the Universal Channel in Australia.














Comments