VIDEO: David Tennant On Broadchurch - "I Think We're a Victim of Our Success"



David Tennant has addressed some of the criticism leveled at the new series of Broadchurch in a new video interview released tonight. Talking backstage at the WhatsOnStage Awards in London where he had just been honoured as best Actor In A Play for his performance in Richard II last year, David said, "I think we're a victim of our success, to be honest. The first series was such and extraordinary thing. We never allow lightning to strike twice in this country, we just don't let it happen! So inevitably there was going to be a certain amount of 'It's not as good as the first time'. I think it is, I think it's a wonderful series that I'm very proud to be part of."

Typically he refused to reveal any information about the final episodes of the new series. "I'm like a vault. You're getting nothing out of me!" he declared.

Watch the video here:



Broadchurch continues on Monday 16th February at 9pm on ITV



Comments