David Tennant At Comic Con On Billie Piper And Dealing With Fame



David Tennant who is attending the first Wizard World Comic Con in Raleigh this weekend, took part in the first of his two Q&A panels yesterday. During his talk he was asked about his friendship with his Doctor Who co-star Billie Piper. Billie played Rose Tyler, companion to the Ninth and Tenth Doctors.

"I've never liked her!" he joked at first.

He continued, "Billie's one of those brilliant people that I hope I'll know for the rest of my life. 

David explained that Billie's presence had coped him to deal with suddenly becoming nationally recognised.

"When I started on Doctor Who, it was a bit of a baptism of fire because I wasn't particularly recognised in the street as someone before I did Doctor Who," he said. "There was a sort of 0-60 life change that happened very quickly. That can be quite disorientating and quite vertiginous when suddenly you find yourself going into a supermarket and people are interested in what's in your basket in a way that they weren't before. To have Billie with me on the first part of that journey is something that I'll be forever grateful for because she's lived that kind of a life since she was a teenager and she handles it with such elegance and such grace. She is someone that I'm very proud to know and someone that I'll be forever grateful to for that."

Wizard World Comic Con Raleigh continues today. David's second panel takes place this morning at 11am ET. VIP ticket holders get exclusive access to the hall, other guests can view the talk on big screen in the main area. 



Comments