David Tennant Geeks Out: "I Work For Marvel Now!"



David Tennant shared the joys of geeking out and being the subject of geeking as he addressed convention attendees at his Q&A panel at Wizard World Comic Con Raleigh on Sunday morning. Asked what he was currently hooked on, he demonstrated that he was still a big fan of Aaron Sorkin.

"I've got my West Wing t-shirt on. I'm currently geeking out on a similar theme to The Newsroom. I love that, that's my current geek out," he said. 

Of course, David has recently taken on a role that out-geeks all else: he's just become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will soon be seen in the role of Kilgrave, the Purple Man in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones. 

"I visited the Marvel offices the other day, because I work for Marvel now! And that was just one long Geekorama!" he enthused. "But what’s weirdest is because I've done certain things over certain years, I go into somewhere like Marvel and they're geeking back at me, in this weird kind of geek-a-thon. Who can geek harder? It’s sort of wonderful and overpowering and overwhelming."

A.K.A. Jessica Jones, also starring Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter, Rachael Taylor and Carrie-Anne Moss is currently shooting in New York and will be released exclusively on Netflix later this year.

David will be a special guest at Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia on the 9th and 10th May and on the 10th he'll be joined by his Doctor Who co-star Billie Piper. The pair will be holding a dual Q&A panel, their first appearance together ever in the USA, and will also be signing autographs and posing for photos with fans. Tickets are on sale now - check here for details.


Comments