POLL RESULT: David Tennant's NTA Award Voted Your Top Moment Of 2015
Readers of our site have voted David Tennant receiving his Special Recognition award at the National Television Awards in January as your top David Tennant moment of 2015.
David attended the ceremony, which was broadcast live on ITV, expecting just to present an award with Broadchurch co-star Olivia Colman, only to find that the organisers and his friends and family had been secretly working behind his back to surprise him with a Special Recognition Award for his many years of TV drama. After a performance and introduction by his favourite band The Proclaimers, David was treated to a film compilation of clips from some of his best loved TV appearances and testimonies from friends, family and co-stars including Billie Piper, Russell T. Davies, Richard Wilson, Catherine Tate, Olivia Colman, Stephen Fry and his own dad, the Very Reverend Sandy McDonald.
You can watch a video of the presentation and David's acceptance speech here:
David's award win beat off close competition from your other significant event of the year - his casting as the villain Kilgrave in the critically acclaimed Marvel's Jessica Jones, which launched on Netflix in November.
In third place was the announcement of his return to Doctor Who in three new audio adventures with Catherine Tate for Big Finish.
The full ranking was as follows:
- David wins the NTA Special Recognition Award (37%)
- David is cast as Kilgrave in Marvel's Jessica Jones (34%)
- David reunites with Catherine Tate for new Tenth Doctor audio adventures (11%)
- Broadchurch returns! (6%)
- David attends US fan conventions (3%)
- David wins a WhatsOnStage Award for Richard II (3%)
- David teams up with wife Georgia Moffett in short film 96 Ways To Say I Love You (2%)
- David's duet with Ricky Wilson (2%)
- David's record breaking debut on Just A Minute (2%)
- David's American theatre debut announced (1%)
Thank you to everyone who took part.