AWARDS: David Tennant Nominated For Saturn Award For Jessica Jones Role
David Tennant has been nominated in the 42rd Annual Saturn Awards, which were announced via YouTube today. David was shortlisted in the Best Supporting TV Actor for his performance as Kilgrave in the Netflix exclusive comic book adaptation Marvel's Jessica Jones.
Also nominated was Krysten Ritter, David's co-star in the series, who plays the eponymous Jessica. She is shortlisted as Best TV Actress. The series itself has been given a nod in a brand new category for this year: Best New Media Television Series.
The Saturn Awards are presented every year by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films. Members of the academy vote to decide the winners of the awards which recognise the very best in genre entertainment across film and TV.
The relevant categories are:
Best Supporting TV Actor
- Richard Armitage – Hannibal
- Vincent D’Onofrio – Daredevil
- Kit Harington – Game of Thrones
- Toby Jones – Wayward Pines
- Erik Knudsen – Continuum
- Lance Roddick – Bosch
- David Tennant – Marvel’s Jessica Jones
- Patrick Wilson – Fargo
Best TV Actress
- Gillian Anderson – The X-Files
- Caitriona Balfe – Outlander
- Melissa Benoist – Supergirl
- Kim Dickens – Fear The Walking Dead
- Rachel Nichols – Continuum
- Krysten Ritter – Marvel’s Jessica Jones
- Rebecca Romijn – The Librarians
Best New Media Television Series
- Bosch – Amazon
- Daredevil – Netflix
- Dreamwork’s Dragons – Netflix
- The Man In The High Castle – Amazon
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones – Netflix
- Powers – Crackle
- Sense8 – Netflix
The winners will be announced in June. Marvel's Jessica Jones is available to watch now via Netflix.