Hugo Awards Nomination For Marvel's Jessica Jones
The finalists for the 2016 Hugo Awards were announced earlier today and this year, the season finale of Marvel's Jessica Jones, 'AKA Smile' was shortlisted in the Best Dramatic Presentation (Short Form) category.The Awards are presented annually to the best science fiction and fantasy works and achievements of the previous year across the fields of written work, drama and art.
The episode, which was released excusively on Netflix late last year, stars Krysten Ritter as the eponymous Jessica and David Tennant as her nemesis Kilgrave. Also appearing are Rachael Taylor, Carrie-Anne Moss, Eka Darville, Rosario Dawson and Mike Colter.
The full category is as follows:
Best Dramatic Presentation (Short Form)
- Doctor Who: “Heaven Sent” written by Steven Moffat, directed by Rachel Talalay (BBC Television)
- Grimm: “Headache” written by Jim Kouf and David Greenwalt, directed by Jim Kouf (Universal Television; GK Productions; Hazy Mills Productions; Open 4 Business Productions; NBCUniversal Television Distribution)
- Jessica Jones: “AKA Smile” written by Scott Reynolds, Melissa Rosenberg, and Jamie King, directed by Michael Rymer (Marvel Television; ABC Studios; Tall Girls Productions;Netflix)
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: “The Cutie Map” Parts 1 and 2 written by Scott Sonneborn, M.A. Larson, and Meghan McCarthy, directed by Jayson Thiessen and Jim Miller (DHX Media/Vancouver; Hasbro Studios)
- Supernatural: “Just My Imagination” written by Jenny Klein, directed by Richard Speight Jr. (Kripke Enterprises; Wonderland Sound and Vision; Warner Bros. Television)
For the full list of Hugo Awards 2016 finalists click here
This year’s winners will be selected by a final ballot open to all Attending and Supporting members of MidAmeriCon II. The winners of the 2016 Hugo Awards will be announced at a formal ceremony at the convention, on Saturday 20th August.