Shakespeare Live! From The RSC Hosted By David Tennant & Catherine Tate To Be Screened In Cinemas Worldwide
Theatre fans will be able to join the Shakespeare Anniversary celebrations when the Royal Shakespeare Company broadcast Shakespeare Live! From The RSC (also known as The Shakespeare Show) into cinemas around the world during April and May. The two-hour long event to mark the 400th anniversary of the Bard's death features a packed cast list of stars from drama, comedy, music and dance and will be broadcast on BBC Two in the UK on Saturday 23rd April.The show is to be hosted by David Tennant and Catherine Tate
Check here to see if the show is coming to your town
- UK: the show will be broadcast via most major cinema chains on Saturday 23rd April - check your local screen for details
- Europe: the show will be distributed by Picturehouse Entertainment - locations and times vary
- Canada: Cineplex will stream the show on Thursday 26th May with an encore on Sunday 5th June.
- USA: screening on Tuesday 24th May - tickets are on sale now through Fathom Events
- Rest of the world: the show will also screen in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Russia - please check locally for info
Shakespeare Live! From The RSC
Former Doctor Who co-stars David Tennant and Catherine Tate are reuniting to co-host a star-studded tribute to William Shakespeare to mark the 400th anniversary of his death. Talent including Benedict Cumberbatch, Dame Helen Mirren, Sir Ian McKellen, and Dame Judi Dench will be joining them for the event coming to cinemas worldwide this May.
Recorded live from Shakespeare’s hometown of Stratford-upon-Avon, the show will explore the Bard’s influence on music, dance, opera, musical theatre, and comedy.