SFWA Nebula Awards Announced Tonight - Marvel's Jessica Jones Nominated
The final episode of Marvel's Jessica Jones, AKA Smile, has been nominated in the 2015 Nebula Awards, presented by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.
The awards, which are voted on by members of the society, have been presented since 1965. They celebrate the best sci-fi and fantasy novels and stories of the year and since 2000 have included a nomination for best script (now known as dramatic presentation).
Marvel's Jessica Jones stars Krysten Ritter as the eponymous former superhero, driven into relative obscurity following a trauma suffered at the hands of the mind-controlling villain Kilgrave, played by David Tennant. Mike Colter, Carrie Anne Moss and Rachael Taylor also starred in the thirteen part Netflix exclusive series.
The shortlist for the Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation are:
- Ex Machina, Written by Alex Garland
- Inside Out, Screenplay by Pete Docter, Meg LeFauve, Josh Cooley; Original Story by Pete Docter, Ronnie del Carmen
- Jessica Jones: AKA Smile, Teleplay by Scott Reynolds & Melissa Rosenberg; Story by Jamie King & Scott Reynolds
- Mad Max: Fury Road, Written by George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, Nick Lathouris
- The Martian, Screenplay by Drew Goddard
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt
The winners will be announced this evening at the Winners' Banquet at the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago. The ceremony takes place during the annual SFWA Nebula Conference.