VIDEO: David Tennant On Being Humbled By Honorary Degree


David Tennant has been speaking to the press after receiving his Honorary Degree from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow today.

Speaking after the ceremony he said: "I'm honoured and rather humbled to be here - it's all quite overwhelming but lovely to be back. It evokes some very vivid memories.
"It was a very important time for me. I don't think I would have survived without my time here - for me it was essential. Three years of getting to practice in a safe environment.
"I was quite young, quite green, and I did a lot of growing up here and learned an enormous amount. They were very formative years that I look back on very fondly."


Watch him below:


David studied drama at the Conservatoire from 1988 to 1991, when it was known as the Royal Scottish Academy Of Music And Drama.
World renowned choreographer Sir Matthew Bourne and the internationally-distinguished cellist, Ralph Kirshbaum, pictured below with David, also received honours at the ceremony.

You can see more photos from today and watch David's speech to the students at today's ceremony here.

Comments