THROWBACK THURSDAY: Five Things You Didn't Know About Me - David Tennant
Today's Throwback Thursday post is an article with David Tennant from the Daily Mail from May 2015 where David lists five things that readers will not know about him.
David Tennant: Five Things You Didn't Know About Me
1. I like playing grumpy characters on screen, although obviously in real life I'm invariably of a bright and sunny disposition. In Broadchurch I got to spend most of my time being difficult and taciturn, and it's quite liberating to get in touch with my grumpy side.
2. The fact I'm the only person to have had my face on two different postage stamps makes me feel quite smug. I had one for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who and the other for the 50th anniversary of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
3. I don't have to work hard to stay thin, but on the other hand I tend not to do anything that will make me not thin. If a role required me to be a few stone heavier, I'd certainly enjoy eating the pasta to put the weight on. But no one's asked me yet!
4. Until I moved to England I wasn't a patriotic Scot at all - but then I became fiercely passionate about my homeland. I used to talk endlessly about Scottish food like tattie scones just to confuse people!
5. I don't think very much about my public image. I once saw the same photo of me in two magazines in the same week. One had captioned it, 'This man knows how to dress!' The other said, 'What on earth is he wearing?' Ever since then, I've chosen to follow my own spirit.