Doctor Who Fairy Tales Collection Offer: Plus We Speak To The Artist Karen Hallion


Our good friends over at Once Upon A Tee have some truly magical Karen Hallion designs on offer until Monday. The beautiful Doctor Who Fairy Tale Collection features our favourite Disney Princesses being whisked away by the Doctor for the adventure of a lifetime!

We spoke to Karen about what inspired her ever popular work. She says:

"I started watching Doctor Who because a fellow artist thought I would enjoy it. What struck me was that his companions are not necessarily just love interests but also cohorts in his adventures.  I started imagining who else might make good companions for him and thought of Cinderella; what an interesting twist to her story it would be if he appeared right at that moment.

The Disney princesses yearn for excitement and adventure, so I try to place the Doctor at the point in their story where it seems they are ready for things to change but before the love interest shows up. By doing so, I aim to create a new story with my vision for these characters as empowered women who choose adventure not solely based on romantic love. I wanted to make a commentary on alternative possibilities for them as women and illustrate a change in their storylines that would alter their outcomes in a strong and meaningful way."

Each design is available on a T Shirt for just $15 / £12.30 
Hoodies, phone covers and more are also available!

Comments