DUCKTALES: "Scrooge McDuck Is An Enigma" - What David Tennant & Others Reveal About Disney XD UK's Newest Hit
As we posted earlier this month, Disney XD in the UK will launch the first series of DuckTales from Thursday 1st March, starting with the episode Daytrip Of Doom! David Tennant stars as Scrooge McDuck, billionaire leader of the adventuring Duck clan in the revival of the classic 1980s cartoon series.
The show boasts an impressive voice cast, including Ben Schwartz, Kate Micucci, Danny Pudi, Catherine Tate and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Ahead of the UK launch, Metro has revealed a few of the behind-the-scenes secrets about how the series came together as cast and creatives, including David Tennant, had their say on the show:
- What to expect: "...a globetrotting adventure with tons of laughs. There are supernatural adventures. There are legendary adventures. There are mystical adventures. There are pyramid adventures. There are epic treasure hunts. There’s always a lot going on!" - co-producer, Francisco Angones
- Huey, Dewey and Louie don't know they are related to Scrooge McDuck at first
- The look of the series is inspired by a combination of the original series, the video games and the comics by Carl Barks
- "Scrooge McDuck is an enigma. With every adventure that arises in the show, a new corner of Scrooge’s past is unfurled. There are lots of skeletons in his closet, and lots of adventures in his past that keep propelling the story forward." - David Tennant
- Expect iconic characters and classic villains from the original series to be added - but only if they are right for the storyline
- The voice cast are encouraged to do their own thing in the recording booth. Some of the biggest laughs in the premiere episode were from lines that were improvised by the cast.
- David Tennant helps the writers out with the Scottish slang
- Check out the opening credits for Easter eggs and secret messages: "There are a ton of Easter eggs in that opening sequence. Not everybody has found them all yet. There are some really, really tasty treats in there. Get looking, gang!" - Francisco Angones
You can read the full article here
DuckTales begins on Disney XD UK on Thursday 1st March from 4.30pm